Circular No: 104/2020
Date: 27 August 2020
Dear Members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar,
The Civil Practice & Court Liaison Committee hopes that Members are finding e-Review to be a more expedient way of conducting Case Managements. We understand that some Members are encountering issues and wish to share the following pointers/feedback:-
- Each firm must be signed up to EFS (eFiling system). We understand that some firms allow other firms to share or access EFS via shared Log In. Please do not do this.
- Each firm must have an Admin. Your firm Admin can create User IDs for all the lawyers in your firm.
- Members are reminded to select their respective matters prior to the e-Review date. Unless this is done, Members will not be able to access Forms 1 & 2. Please fill up Forms 1 & 2.
- There have been instances during e-Review, where an individual has admitted to not being the Member assigned to the matter or was not even a practising lawyer but a clerk. Please note that this is strictly not allowed. In the event, we receive a formal complaint from the Court Registrar that this continues to happen, we will have no choice but to investigate the complaint and take appropriate steps.
- The e-Review system is NOT a real-time Case Management system. The system allows log-in 1 week prior to the e-Review date so members can start keying in updates or other information or requests before the actual date scheduled for e-Review.
- With the advent of e-Review, members receive a e-Review/Case Management date either by way of endorsement or through a Notification. Please take note that this is not a Return Date on the Writ. The Courts have shown us evidence of member firms issuing letters to Defendants, demanding that the Defendants attend Court on the endorsed e-Review date. The Courts take the view that this is misleading especially since it is stated on the Notification that “BAGI TUJUAN PENGURUSAN KES PERTAMA, PLAINTIF TIDAK PERLU MENYERAHKAN NOTIS INI KEPADA PIHAK DEFENDAN.” Member firms are hereby requested to immediately cease this practice.
Thanks & regards,
Harleen Kaur (Leena)
Civil Practice and Court Liaison Committee