Circular No: 016/2024
Date: 24 January 2024
Agenda for the 32nd Annual General Meeting of the Kuala Lumpur Bar
Please be reminded that the 32nd Annual General Meeting (“AGM”) of the Kuala Lumpur Bar will be held as follows:
Date: 29th February 2024 (Thursday)
Venue: Banquet Hall, Level 2, Royal Lake Club, Taman Tasek Perdana, Jalan Cenderamulia, Off Jalan Parlimen, 50480 Kuala Lumpur.
- To confirm and adopt the minutes of the 31st Annual General Meeting held on 23 February 2023.
- Matters arising therefrom.
- To consider, and if thought fit, to adopt the Annual Report 2023/2024.
- To consider, and if thought fit, to pass the Audited Accounts for the year ending 31 December 2023.
- To confirm the subscription for the year 2024 to remain at RM125.00 per member.
- To elect the Chairman of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee for 2024/2025.
- To elect one (1) member to represent the Kuala Lumpur Bar on the Bar Council for 2024/2025.
- To elect ten (10) members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee for 2024/2025.
- General Matters.
The KL Bar Secretariat at Suite 4.02, Level 4, Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia will be closed on Thursday, 29 February 2024. This is because all members of the KL Bar Secretariat will be at the AGM to assist with the registration of members.
No hard copies of the Annual Report will be provided. Instead, a digital copy of the Annual Report will be made available in due course via a separate link.
Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee
To all members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar
32ND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
KUALA LUMPUR BAR
[Pursuant to Section 70(1) of the Legal Profession Act 1976]
NOTICE is hereby given that the 32ND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (“AGM”) of the KUALA LUMPUR BAR will be held on THURSDAY, 29 FEBRUARY 2024 at 2:00PM at the BANQUET HALL, LEVEL 2, ROYAL LAKE CLUB, TAMAN TASEK PERDANA, JALAN CENDERAMULIA, OFF JALAN PARLIMEN, 50480 KUALA LUMPUR.
Pursuant to Section 70(2A) of the Legal Profession Act 1976, the quorum for the 32nd Annual General Meeting shall be five per cent of the total number of members of the State Bar. As of 23 January 2024, there are 10,043 members in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, the quorum is 502 members.
Kindly take note that pursuant to section 70(2B) of the Legal Profession Act 1976, the quorum has to be present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the meeting i.e. by 3:00pm. If the quorum is not present by 3:00pm, the AGM shall be adjourned to 3:05pm on the same day and at the same venue and if the quorum is not present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the adjourned meeting, i.e. 4:05pm, the members present shall constitute the quorum.
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar may be effectively discussed by as many members as possible.
Dated 24 January 2024
• The Right Honourable Chief Justice has no objections to members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar who wish to attend the above AGM to request for adjournment of cases. The Right Honourable Chief Justice has directed that all applications for adjournment are to be made to the respective Court concerned and as early as possible. Click here for a copy of the letter from the Chief Registrar.
• Members will earn one (1) CPD point each for attending the AGM under the Malaysian Bar CPD Scheme. CPD Code: B1/29022024/AGM/KLB244074/1
• Members are required to produce their NRIC or Driving Licence for verification when registering their attendance for the AGM.
• Registration Counters will open from 12:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.