Circular No: 123/2020
Date: 21 October 2020
Dear Members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar,
The Civil Practice & Court Liaison Committee hopes that Members are finding e-Review to be a more expedient way of conducting Case Managements.
We understand that some Members are encountering issues and to ensure that e-Review case managements run smoothly, we would like to remind members on the following pointers: –
- Each firm must be signed up to EFS (eFiling system). We understand that some firms allow other firms to share or access EFS via a shared Log In. Please do not do this.
- Each firm must have an Admin for EFS. Your firm’s Admin can create User IDs for all the lawyers in your firm.
- Members are reminded to select their respective matters prior to the e-Review date. Unless this is done, Members will not be able to access Forms 1 & 2. Please fill up Forms 1 & 2.
- There have been instances during e-Review, where an individual has admitted to not being the Member assigned to the matter or was not even a practising lawyer but a clerk. Please note that Mentioning On Behalf (MOB) is no longer allowed. The eReview system is flexible especially in terms of time wherein lawyers have until 3:00pm on the date fixed for eReview to key in their updates.
- Case Managements via eReview are NOT held in real time. Please do not wait for the Registrar or your learned friend. The system allows for a log-in 1 week prior to the e-Review date so members can start keying in their updates or other information or requests before the actual date scheduled for e-Review.
Harleen Kaur (Leena)
KLBC Civil Practice & Court Liaison Committee