Circular No: 088/2021
Date: 7 May 2021
Dear Members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar,
As you are aware, the Senior Minister of Defence, YB Dato’ Sri Ismail Sabri bin Yaakob has announced the implementation of the Movement Control Order (MCO) in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur effective from 7 May to 20 May 2021.
Following the announcement, the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee has received a notification from the Director of the Kuala Lumpur Courts regarding the operations of the Kuala Lumpur Courts.
Kindly take note that the High Courts and Subordinate Courts in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur are operating as usual subject to the following directives and procedures during the MCO period.
1. Arahan Amalan Ketua Hakim Negara Bil. 5/2021 Mengenai Pengendalian Prosiding Kes Sivil Di Mahkamah Semasa Tempoh Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan (PKP) bertarikh pada 17 Februari 2021;
2. Arahan Mengenai Pengendalian Prosiding Kes Jenayah Di Mahkamah Semasa Tempoh Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan bertarikh pada 20 Januari 2021; dan
3. Tatacara Operasi Standard Pencegahan Wabak Covid-19 Di Mahkamah Seluruh Malaysia Bagi Pengguna Mahkamah yang berkuatkuasa pada 27 Januari 2021.
The following service counters at the Kuala Lumpur Court Complex will also be operational throughout the latest MCO period:-
1. Courts Registration counter;
2. Power of Attorney;
3. Commissioner for Oaths; and
4. Service Bureau.
Please refer to the list of the contact details of the Division Supervisory Officer in the Kuala Lumpur Courts to contact for assistance.
Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee
KLBC Civil Practice & Court Liaison Committee