Circular No: 047/2021
Date: 24 March 2021
Dear Members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar,
The Civil Practice and Court Liaison Committee recently had a meeting with the Managing Judge of the Kuala Lumpur Commercial Division as well as Judges presiding over the Commercial Courts in the Kuala Lumpur High Court. We received feedback from the Judges and would like to take this opportunity to remind and request members to be mindful of the following:
Court Decorum & Etiquette And Proceedings During The Online Hearings
Members are urged to be mindful of etiquette and courtesy during the online hearings:
- Punctuality – We advise members to log in at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time for their matters and ensure that their connectivity is good to avoid any interruptions during the hearings. Please take note that eReview and Zoom hearings before Judges are real-time and not flexi-time. In the event members are unable to log in for their hearings, please do inform the Court and request for assistance as soon as possible.
- Member must always be prepared i.e. ensure that the microphone is working, able to screen share documents, that the angle of the camera is at the proper position (i.e. straight or slightly above you) and ensure that the Judge’s hardcopy documents are exactly the same with the softcopy documents.
- Please ensure that the softcopy documents for the Judges are legible documents and that if the document has been compressed, please make sure that the clarity of the contents are sharp and not vague.
- Members are reminded to address the Judges as Yang Arif.
- Members are requested to seek permission before drinking water, and parties may not leave hearings without permission.
Certificate Of Urgency
To ensure the smooth processing of applications premised on a Certificate of Urgency, the Registrar will process the application and obtain directions from the Judges upon receipt of the same. We advise members to be prepared for any directions which may be issued by the Judge as the application could be scheduled to be heard at any time and in a manner deemed appropriate.
We encourage members to keep moving forward with the new legal practices and we thank you in advance for adapting to the new normal.
Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee
KLBC Civil Practice &Court Liaison Committee