Circular No: 003/2023
Date: 17 January 2023
(Updated) Annual Report
Click here to access the 2022/23 Annual Report.
Please be reminded that no hard copies of the Annual Report will be provided.
KL Bar Secretariat Will Be Closed on 23.02.2023
The KL Bar Secretariat at Suite 4.02, Level 4, Wisma Badan Peguam Malaysia will be closed on Thursday, 23 February 2023 for the staff to assist at the AGM.
No hard copies of the Annual Report will be provided; a digital copy of the Annual Report will be made available in due course via a separate link.
Parking at Wisma MCA
Kindly note that parking at Wisma MCA is cashless and you will need to use a Touch ‘n Go card. Per Entry is RM7, please remember to bring your Touch ‘n Go card with you when attending the AGM to get the validation done to enjoy this rate.
To all members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar
NOTICE is hereby given that the 31ST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (“AGM”) of the KUALA LUMPUR BAR will be held on THURSDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2023 at 2:00PM at the AUDITORIUM, LEVEL 3, WISMA MCA, 163 JALAN AMPANG, KUALA LUMPUR.
Pursuant to Section 70(2A) of the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006, the quorum shall be five per cent of the total number of members of the State Bar. As of 16 January 2023, there are 9423 members in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and therefore the quorum is 471 members.
Kindly take note that pursuant to section 70(2B) of the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006, the quorum has to be present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the meeting i.e. by 3:00pm. If the quorum is not present by 3:00pm, the AGM shall be adjourned to 3:05pm on the same day and at the same venue and if the quorum is not present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the adjourned meeting, the members present shall constitute the quorum.
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar may be effectively discussed by as many members as possible.
Dated 17 January 2023
Alvin Oh Seong Yew
• The Right Honourable Chief Justice has no objections to members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar who wish to attend the above AGM to request for adjournment of cases. The Right Honourable Chief Justice has directed that all applications for adjournment are to be made to the respective Court concerned and as early as possible. Click here for a copy of the letter from the Chief Registrar.
• Members will earn one (1) CPD point each for attending the AGM under the Malaysian Bar CPD Scheme. CPD Code: B1/23022023/KLB/KL232063/1
• Members are required to produce their NRIC or Driving Licence for verification when registering their attendance for the AGM.
• Registration Counters will open from 12:30pm. Light refreshments will be served.
• Wisma MCA is located close to the Ampang Park (Kelana Jaya Line) LRT Station and members are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking spaces may be limited.