25TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
KUALA LUMPUR BAR
[Pursuant to Section 70(1) of the Legal Profession Act 1976
as amended by the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006]
NOTICE is hereby given that the 25TH ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (“AGM”) of the KUALA LUMPUR BAR will be held on THURSDAY, 23 FEBRUARY 2017 at 2:00 PM at the AUDITORIUM, LEVEL 3, WISMA MCA, 163 JALAN AMPANG, KUALA LUMPUR.
Pursuant to Section 70(2A) of the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006, the quorum shall be five per cent of the total number of members of the State Bar. As at 9 January 2017 there are 7,808 members in the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and therefore the quorum is 390 members.
Kindly take note that pursuant to section 70(2B) of the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006, the quorum has to be present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the meeting i.e. by 3:00 pm. If the quorum is not present by 3:00 pm, the AGM shall be adjourned to 3:05 pm on the same day and at the same venue.
Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar may be effectively discussed by as many members as possible.
Dated 9 January 2017
Goh Siu Lin
• The Right Honourable Chief Justice and the President of the Industrial Court have very kindly agreed to allow adjournment of cases for members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar to attend the above AGM. The Right Honourable Chief Justice however has advised that members apply early for adjournments, i.e. no later than 2 February 2017 but for cases involving Courts in the Klang Valley, adjournment would be granted for those cases that are scheduled for the afternoon only. Click here for a copy of the letter from the Right Honourable Chief Justice and here for the letter from the President of the Industrial Court.
• Members will earn one (1) CPD point each for attending the AGM under the Malaysian Bar CPD Scheme. CPD Code: B1/23022017/AGM/KLB172051/1
• Members are required to produce their NRIC or Driving Licence for verification when registering their attendance for the AGM.
• Registration Counters will open from 12:30 pm. Light refreshments will be served.
• Wisma MCA is located close to the Ampang Park (Kelana Jaya Line) LRT Station and members are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking spaces may be limited.