Courtesy Call on the Attorney General’s Chambers, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur Branch
DATE : 12.07.2011
TIME : 4.00 p.m.
VENUE : 9th Floor, Bangunan Bank Rakyat, Jalan Tangsi, Kuala Lumpur
From the Kuala Lumpur Bar (The Committee)
1. Datuk Baljit Singh Sidhu
2. Datin Daljit Kaur
3. Encik James FC Fong
4. Encik Shamsul Sulaiman
5. Encik Jason Kong
6. Cik Farah Nadiah Zainudin
7. Cik Aidil Ratna Edorra binti Suhaimin
From the Attorney General’s Chambers, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur Branch (KL AGC)
1. YM Raja Rozela binti Raja Toran
2. Puan Noor Aishah binti KM Abu Bakar
3. Tuan P. Viknesvaran
4. Puan Narkunavathy Sundareson
5. Tuan Mohd Mukhzany Fariz bin Mohd Mohktar
– For the purpose of representation particularly for reduction of a charge, the representation must be directed to the relevant unit (based on the offence) at the head office in Putrajaya.
– All representations involving capital punishment should be directed directly to the head office at Putrajaya.
– To expedite matters, it is encouraged that representations are made via email.
– The Committee has requested for the telephone number and email address of all the DPPs assigned to each Court in Kuala Lumpur in order to expedite matters in relation to trial. The KL AGC has agreed to furnish the list to the Committee for the said purpose.
The Committee has received the list a copy of which is attached hereto for the easy reference of the members.
c) Legal Aid
– The Committee informed the KL AGC on the Dock Brief Programme conducted by the Legal Aid Centre. In this respect, the Committee requested for a full cooperation from the KL AGC, in particular relating to obtaining the records of previous conviction, supply of brief facts and any information relevant to enable the pupils to carry out their tasks. The KL AGC has agreed to render all assistance necessary.
– The Committee was informed by the KL AGC that the Kuala Lumpur Office will be relocating to a new location in Jalan Damansara (Wisma Chase Perdana) by the end of the year. Further particulars will be furnished to the Committee in due course. Members are to take note of the development.
The Meeting ended at 5.15 pm.
Datuk Baljit Singh Sidhu
KL Bar Criminal Practice Committee