21st Annual General Meeting of the Kuala Lumpur Bar on 22.02.2013 at 3:00pm – 1 CPD point
(Note: The KL Bar Secretariat at Wisma Kraftangan will close at 11:00 a.m. on Friday, 22 February 2013 for the staff to assist at the KL Bar AGM)
Dear members of the KL Bar,
Kindly be reminded to attend the 21st Annual General Meeting of the Kuala Lumpur Bar (“AGM”) scheduled for Friday, 22 February 2013. Please take note that you are required to produce your NRIC or Driving Licence for verification when registering your attendance for the AGM.
Kindly also take note that under the Malaysian Bar CPD Scheme, you will earn 1 CPD point for attending the AGM.
Other details of the AGM are as follows:
Level 3, Wisma MCA
No. 163, Jalan Ampang
Quorum: 362 members
- Pursuant to section 70(2B) of the Legal Profession (Amendment) Act 2006, the quorum has to be present within one hour from the time appointed for holding the meeting i.e. by 4.00 p.m. If the quorum is not present by 4.00 p.m., the AGM shall be adjourned to 4.05 p.m. on the same day and at the same venue.
- Members are urged to make every effort to attend the AGM so that issues affecting members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar may be effectively discussed by as many members as possible.
- The Right Honourable Chief Justice and the President of the Industrial Court have very kindly agreed to allow adjournment of cases for members of the Kuala Lumpur Bar to attend the above AGM. The Right Honourable Chief Justice however has advised that members apply early for adjournments but for cases that are scheduled for the morning, no adjournment is necessary as the AGM is only starting at 3:00pm. Click here for a copy of the letter from the Right Honourable Chief Justice and here for the letter from the President of the Industrial Court.
- Registration Counters will open from 1.30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served.
- Wisma MCA is located close to the Ampang Park (Kelana Jaya Line) Station and members are encouraged to use public transportation, as parking spaces may be limited.
Click here to peruse the Annual Report 2012/13. Copy can also be downloaded from the KL Bar Website. The Annual Report on CD-ROM will follow by mail.
Ravinder Singh Dhalliwal
Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee